A Glance at the New 2021 Ram 1500
Can the 2021 Ram 1500 enhance your truck needs at work and play? Find out for yourself by coming to University Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Rome where you can test drive the pickup. You’ll also discover many of the following engineering features:
- The available 5.7L HEMI® V8 can include eTorque Mild Hybrid Technology that gives you an additional 130 lb.-ft. of torque to increase towing to 12,750 lbs. Without eTorque, the engine tows up to 11,610 lbs. Either choice gets you 395 horsepower and 410 lb.-ft. of torque.
- The standard 3.6-liter Pentastar® V6 with eTorque tows up to 7,730 lbs. while generating 305 horsepower and lb.-ft. of torque.
- The available 3.0-liter EcoDiesel V6 dishes out 260 horsepower and 480 lb.-ft. of torque with a maximum towing capacity of 12,560 lbs.
- Sitting at the top of the power spectrum is the Supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI® V8 that reaches a top speed of 118 MPH with a rush from 0 to 60 MPH in only 4.5 seconds. It generates 702 horsepower and 650 lb.-ft. of torque. Max towing reaches 8,100 lbs.
- To optimize aerodynamics by reducing drag, the available Active-Level™ Four-Corner Air Suspension automatically lowers the truck when you hit the highway. This lowering also makes it easier to hitch a trailer, go into and out of parking garages, or enter and exit the cabin and cargo bed.
- Also minimizing drag is an elevated hood to optimize air deflection from the wiper area, a sculpted roof that diverts air to the rear spoiler, and an Active Air Dam that extends down by 2.5 inches when you near 30 MPH.
Exterior and Interior Highlights
You get more than superior engine performance and capability from the 2021 Ram 1500. It also enhances your drive with several exterior and interior features. Only a few are highlighted here.
- The Multifunction Tailgate swings open in a 60/40-split to ease forklift loading. It also folds down like a traditional version and accommodates up to 2,000 lbs. Closing the tailgate secures whatever you carry in the cargo bed.
- The 12-inch touchscreen of the available Uconnect® 12.0 with Navigation integrates your compatible phone with support for Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay®. You can then make phone calls and send and receive text messages.
- Noise Canceling Technology makes for a quieter ride by relying on active-tune mass modules mounted on the frame and an active noise cancelation system.
- Enjoy your favorite tunes on the available 900-watt Harman Kardon® Premium Audio System that impresses with 19 speakers. Your entertainment options include SiriusXM® satellite radio for ad-free music, exclusive talk, and live pro sports.
- Keep focused on the road when the available Head-Up Display projects information like speed, navigation, and incoming calls on the windshield in your line of sight.
- Expand interior views to the sky and welcome more fresh air by opening up the 10-square-foot Panoramic Sunroof.
In the 2021 Ram 1500, your rides around Rome, GA, and beyond are protected by the following driver assists:
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection tells you if another vehicle has entered your blind zone beside or behind what you’re pulling. This feature is smart enough to account for the size of the trailer that you may be pulling.
- Forward Collision Warning Plus lets you know that you’re about to hit the car in front of you but can prevent an accident by engaging Active Braking.
- Rain Brake Support applies a bit of pressure to the brake pads when it is raining to dry them out.
- When Traction Control detects wheelspin, it reduces engine power and applies braking to the slipping wheel to increase stability and control.
- Parallel and Perpendicular Park Assist controls steering to pull you into a parking spot while you take charge of the brake, accelerator, and gear position.
- LaneSense® Lane Departure Warning with Lane Keep Assist can tell you if you’re drifting across the road without engaging a turn signal and can guide your truck back into the right path.
- The 360° Surround View Camera reveals a virtual top-down image of what’s around you to ease tight maneuvers, loading and unloading, and hooking up a trailer.
- Adaptive Cruise Control Would Stop and Go automatically adjust your speed so that you’re always at a safe distance from the vehicle in front of you.